Google is a moving target making it hard to follow their trajectory. So here in Spring 2015 we thought we would take a stab at a very rough summary. You might be surprised by the variety of places where you'll find Google, but you'll soon see the common thread is YOU.
This post is not a conspiracy theory letter, nor is it an exhaustive listing of Google's reach. Our aim is to provide a quick overview of Google's business model - a post with links so you can better understand Google
We took a look at their financial's to follow the money trail. Then we worked backwards into the products and services that produce that revenue. That's it.
Here is how the money flows (courtesty of BGR.com). The largest slice of the pie irepresents online service-sites that we all use for free. Google gets paid to show us ads.
Some of the Google tools we thought may be of interest to our friends
Arts & Education
- Google Cloud Services – compete with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Cloud services
- Google Ventures
- Google Crisis Response
- Google Ideas explores how technology can enable people to confront threats in the face of conflict, instability and repression.
- Google Patent Search
- Google Finance
- Google Alerts
- Google Apps for Work – Email, Collaboration Tools And More
- Google Public Data
Webmaster + Analytics
- Think With Google research tools
- Google AdSence Sell Ads on Your Site
- Google AdWords – Advertise to get Traffic
- Marketing Online - Google Business Solutions - Google - webmasters and businesses
You may also be interested in the Video from a Google Watcher ColdfusTion